27 March 2013
Eskom tariff increase
With Eskom's electricity tariffs increasing by an average of 8% for 2013/14, here are some savings tips for you to share with your customers or use yourself:
- "If you're not using it, switch it off."
- Geyser: Switch off geysers between 06:00 and 22:00, reduce thermostat to 60 degrees, insulate geyser and water pipes and replace geysers with solar water heaters using Eskom's rebate programme
- Lighting: Replace incandescent light bulbs with energy savers, and switch off lights in unoccupied rooms
- Bathing: Shower rather than bath as less hot water is used, and install an energy efficient shower head
- Climate control: Minimise use of air conditioners by first opening windows to allow cool air to circulate
- When using an air-conditioner keep the temperature setting between 18 - 22 degrees C
- Insulate ceilings to keep home cool in summer and warm in winter
- Pool pumps: Reduce the operating time to limit water circulation to twice a day and set the pool pump to operate between 24:00 and 05:00
- Vampire appliance usage - Don't leave appliances in standby mode. Unplug cellphone charger
- Participate in the Power Alert programme on national TV (SABC and etv)
For more information please see link http://www.eskom.co.za/c/article/816/home/
14 March 2013
TopTV goes live on Kazang Prepaid
Prepaid-savvy South African consumers have extended their buying options to embrace yet another innovative prepaid offering - pay-TV. TopTV is an affordable satellite TV network, proudly bringing digital TV into more homes than ever before across the country. The innovative, flexible and affordable packages TopTV offers ensure that everyone can now enjoy the best of movies, music, lifestyle, knowledge, kids, sport and more.
Towards the end of last year Saicom announced the availability of TopTV vouchers via Kazang Prepaid. After testing we are pleased to inform you that we've purchased vouchers and have loaded them. These vouchers are now ready to be vended at any Kazang Prepaid access point. For your convenience we've attached TopTV specific information as well as where on the menus to find it.
Customers are able to bypass lengthy bank queues to pay their monthly subscription or get connected.
Kazang prepares for AFCON 2013
Happy New Year Kazangers!
With 2013 in full swing, Kazang HQ is eager to get the ball rolling.
With AFCON starting on this Saturday, 19 January 2013, we'd love to get all Kazang channels involved in supporting Bafana Bafana on their journey. Kazang will be bringing you all the highlights and lowlights during the tournament, keeping you informed and involved on all things football!
This is a great opportunity for vendors to sell additional airtime, as excited Bafana fans will want to keep in touch with each other and share the latest news about wins and losses. And don't forget the data bundles available via Kazang are a much better way for customers to get internet access on their cellphones.
What's more, thanks to the Hollywood Betting service available from Kazang Prepaid, your vendors will be able to offer their customers the chance to place bets on AFCON 2013 online.
Kazang will be hitting our social media platforms daily with match stats and expert commentary to keep you in the loop. You and your vendors can LIKE us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/KazangPrepaid ) or follow us on Twitter @KazangPrepaid to stay in the game. Football is such a part of South African culture and is fitting that Kazang and all our partners support Bafana ... creating a Kazang gees to kick off 2013.
Happy vending and good luck to all the teams.
13 September 2012
6 month update
We have recently completed our bi-annual business review with our Western Cape and Gauteng based partners, while the session in Durban is scheduled for early October. The objective of these meetings was to share valuable information about our competitive landscape, challenges we face and to introduce exciting new opportunities like starter pack & handset distribution, as well as bulk printing solutions now available to our partners throughout South Africa.
We are proud to announce that together with our 40 partners, we have close to 12,000 active points of presence (vendors) in SA, selling 7,000,000 prepaid vouchers every month to approximately 1,900,000 customers in the LSM groups 3 - 6.
A few highlights worth mentioning:
- Over the last six months, we have witnessed growth of 31% across our top 20% of customers.
- We have had a 55% growth across our top partners in the Western Cape.
- We continue to introduce new content such as pinless recharges and data bundles as well as new applications such as USSD vending on our 18,000 unit payphone base & our very own Kazang Online Store.
- We are proud to have acquired ContentSwitch this year, a move that reinforces our in-house development capacity.
- Lastly, we have successfully launched our latest POS terminal (Mobi Print) into the market and have appointed two sales managers, a business analyst and communications co-ordinator in order to cope with the increase in demand we continue to experience from the market.
27 March 2012
Saicom Match It Competition
Monday, 26 March 2012, saw the announcement of the Match It competition for Saicom Payphone traders.
Traders who deposited money into their wallets via FNB atm between 1pm on Saturday (24thMarch) and 6pm on Sunday (25th March) could stand the chance of Saicom matching their deposit made should their transaction be randomly chosen. This concept of after hour banking allows traders to now deposit money into their wallets at anytime. Allowing for non-stop trading with fewer hurdles.
22 March 2012
Saicom awarded Vodacom Annual Incentive Winner 2012
Saicom has been awarded as a category winner in the Vodacom Annual Incentive for Community Service Payphones 2012.
The Community Services Telephone Operator concept was established to service previously disadvantaged communities such as townships and rural areas. The primary objective is to ensure that these areas have access to affordable mobile telecommunications. The Community Services payphone bills at 90 cents a minute therefore it is a great advantage to communities. With Saicom's Avio and Huawei payphones Vodacom have been able to deliver on this concept.
Martin Wright, CEO of Saicom, along with 7 other category winners were rewarded with a week in Dubai. Vodacom spared no cost as everyone was met at Dubai airport with Hummer limousines, they spent their time enjoying local site seeing, a night in the dessert, sand boarding and riding camels to mention a few.
Saicom aims at increasing the Avio and Huawei footprint in the market in FYE 2012 and advertising campaigns have already begun nationally in the Daily Sun newspaper.
29 February 2012
KAZANG UPDATE: Monthly Update
Please find the Kazang Update for February attached, keeping you informed regarding Kazang related news, new content and services, and any additional information needed to be communicated directly to SD's and vendors. Please inform your vendors where applicable of any updates as soon as possible.
Download pdf: Kazang Update Feb 2012
26 January 2012
KAZANG UPDATE: New content and services
Kazang is excited to announce its latest content and services available to vendors from 1st February 2012. By downloading the new menu, you be able to access UNIPIN, Direct Recharge, Neotel Vouchers, a Nedbank Banking Interface and Electricity in additional Areas.
For more information download pdf: Kazang_Update_Jan_2012_New_content_and_services.pdf